Position Title: Statewide Director
Organization: New York State Agricultural Mediation Program
Location: Albany, NY
Posted: January 4, 2016
Expiration: February 1, 2016
NYSAMP is a vibrant statewide mediation service dedicated to providing free and low cost mediation and conflict resolution services to farmers, agribusiness, and rural communities. NYSAMP is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with exceptional interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and program development skills to oversee the continued growth and development of this nationally recognized program.
Job responsibilities: The Statewide Director is responsible for:
Program Development and Outreach
- Build partnerships with government agencies, agribusiness and
nonprofit organizations providing service to agricultural producers
- Conduct speaking engagements and workshops at conferences and meetings
- Develop and implement marketing and public awareness efforts utilizing print and social media.
- Produce press releases, brochures, annual reports, and other materials
- Meet with elected officials and other key governmental officials
- Research and pursue other sources of funding to expand program’s ability to respond to agricultural issues and interests
- Provide technical assistance to local mediation center staff to increase the capacity and effectiveness of local outreach and direct services
- Supervise NYSAMP Program Manager
- Oversee case management
- Oversee quality assurance for the statewide roster of agricultural mediators
- Maintain operational procedures
- Produce quarterly reports and information as needed relating to program case analysis, training and finances
- Manage program finances and budget
Required Qualifications: Interested applicants must have:
1. personal or professional experience, or other strong links, with the agricultural community, and/or
2. experience implementing or overseeing dispute resolution programming.
Desired Qualifications: Supervisory experience, training experience, and knowledge of local community dispute resolution centers.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) via email only to:
Charlotte Carter, Executive Director, email@example.com
All applications will be confidential.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2016
NYSAMP is a program of the New York State Dispute Resolution Association, the leading membership association in New York for dispute resolution professionals, and an administrator of several statewide dispute resolution programs. The NYSDRA offices are located at 4 Pine West Plaza, Suite 411, Albany NY.
For more information about: