PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Westchester and Rockland Mediation Centers
The Director provides overall management and planning of services for the Center which has offices located in Southern Westchester and Rockland County. The Center provides community mediation, parent/child, landlord/tenant, elder care, divorce, and school peer mediation. The Center also includes an eviction prevention conciliation program, court mandated mediation for custody/ visitation and child support, and Restorative Justice Services. Over 60 volunteer mediators provide services to the Center. The Westchester and Rockland Mediation Center is a program of CLUSTER, Inc.
- Providing overall management and planning for the work carried out through the Mediation Program
- Development and administration of the budget for the program
- Developing new programs and seeking new sources of funding to enhance the operation of the program
- Ensures the prompt and accurate preparation and submission of all reports to funding agencies, foundations, corporations, etc.
- Develops up-to-date information resources on the Mediation Program for distribution to the general public
- In consultation with the Executive Director of CLUSTER arranges for appropriate publicity for the Mediation program and its activities
- Maintains proper working relationships with appropriate staff of funding agencies and organizations, community agencies, government agencies, courts, etc.
- Recruits, arranges and provides training of staff and a sufficient number of volunteer mediators to meet the needs of the program
- Manages the network of volunteer mediators and maintains relationships with mediators in such a fashion that the mediators feel some ownership of the mediation process and pride in their own efforts
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field of mediation and brings new ideas to bear on the program as appropriate
- Participates in appropriate organizations in NYS in the field of mediation
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least three years of administrative experience in the area of mediation or social services
- Experience as a mediator strongly preferred
For further information or to apply please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please mark in subject line of email: Director Mediation.