Event Name: Persuasion Skills for Negotiators and Advocates
Event Date: Thursday, November 13, 2014
Event Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Registration Link: http://services.nycbar.org/EventDetail?EventKey=NEG111314&mcode=NEGNYS&WebsiteKey=f71e12f3-524e-4f8c-a5f7-0d16ce7b3314
Event Cost: Member: $199.00 Nonmember: $299.00
Small Law Firm: Member: 79.00 Nonmember: $129.00
Call 212-382-6663 for the Small Law Firm Rate.
Event Location: New York City Bar, 42 West 44th St, New York, NY 10036
Event Description: Persuasion is about how to reach others on an emotional level as well as on an intellectual one. Lawyers tend to focus on influencing others with facts, law, and logical reasoning. But most of us do not make our decisions on logic alone. Emotion is an important part of how we form our opinions and make decisions. This course will cover ways in which to appeal to people's emotions as well as to their intellect. Learn about how to present yourself so that you and your message work together for optimum results.
Topics will include:
· We Think We Are Analytical and Rational – We Are Not
· How We Really Decide – What We Think Works And What Actually Works
· Why What You Say Matters Less Than The Way You Say It
· Shortcuts We Rely On – Often To Our Detriment
· How to Use This Information to Improve Your Negotiation Results