Site Search
Agricultural Mediation
Share |

What types of issues can be resolved under the New York State Agricultural Mediation Program (NYSAMP)?
  • Loans or debts
  • Right to farm complaints
  • Neighbor complaints
  • Labor problems
  • Landlord/tenant disputes
  • USDA appeals (see below)

Mediation is also useful to farm families facing difficulties or planning needs involving:

  • Separation and divorce
  • Siblings/in-law out-law
  • Finance and business planning
  • Elder care and planning
  • Unpaid bills/loan restructuring
  • Small claims and credit
  • Family farm succession and transfers

The USDA has recognized the right of farmers and producers to use mediation to appeal an adverse determination such as: 

  • Agricultural loans and loan-servicing, including FSA loans
  • Rural Development loan and loan servicing, including single and multifamily housing
  • Wetland determinations
  • Grazing on national forest
  • System lands
  • Conservation compliance
  • Crop insurance
  • Pesticide applications 
  • Other agriculture-related topics. 

For more information:
Find a CDRC, call the NYSAMP toll free number: (866) 669-7267, or email Claudia Kenny, NYSAMP Director, at

Additional resources:
NYSAMP Website
New York FarmNet  
New York Farm Bureau  
NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets  
Cornell Cooperative Extension

USDA offices:
Farm Services Agency
Rural Development
Natural Resources Conservation Service

Member Login
Sign In securely

Special Education Mediation Training for Experienced Special Education Mediators

CCM Basic Conflict Coaching Spring 2017

New York State Dispute Resolution Association, Inc.
4 Pine West Plaza, Suite 411, Albany, NY 12205
P: (518) 687-2240  |  F: (518) 687-2245